Privacy & Cookies Policy
Use of your Personal Information
Privacy & Cookies Policy GoGetIt is a trading name of Go Get It Ltd which is owned and administered by the Markerstudy Group of Companies(‘MSG’). MSG operates the GoGetIt comparison website. The purpose of this statement is to set out how we, GoGetIt, use personal information provided by you. As a user of any services provided by GoGetIt on this website and by using the GoGetIt website generally you agree to this use.
Use of your Personal Information When you register and use this site you will be asked to provide certain information such as your name, address, email and phone number, financial and credit card information and other personal details required for the particular products you ask about. We may collect also collect technical information about your visit to and use of our website along with any details of any transactions you carry out. We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us for any of the following:
• To search other companies websites in order to provide you with a list of quotes from insurance providers
• To register you with our website and to administer our website services
• To provide news updates, details of special offers and to contact you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you
• To carry out credit checks in order to assist us with your pricing or a claim
• To personalise your repeat visits to our website and to improve our website, including as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure
• For assessment, analysis and pricing and (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and in order to track sales, and
• To send you confirmation of a quote. We may also monitor and/or record your electronic communications/use of the site to ensure consistent service levels, to prevent/detect fraud, and for training purposes.
Fraud Prevention In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain about you from other information in our customer records, including how you conduct any account you may have with us, to other Group companies, other retailers and to financial and other organisations (including law enforcement agencies) involved in fraud prevention and detection. Disclosure of Your Information We may give information about you to the following, who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
• To the administrators and underwriters of the insurance quotes offered and to any other companies and organisations whose products we tell you about on our site
• To other companies in the Markerstudy Group
• To employees, agents, contractors, suppliers, analytics advisers and any other appointed third parties of the group to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by the group now or in the future
• Appointed third parties so that they may contact you about their products and services
• To regulators and other authorised bodies when we are required to do so by law
• To other organisations for the administration of prize draws or competitions
• To anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you, and
• If we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
Security We will treat your personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) in accordance with all applicable data protection and privacy legislation and will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose on-line. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing on-line over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
General You have the right to see personal data that we keep about you, and, upon our receipt of a written request from you and your payment of a fee, in accordance with your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998, we will provide you with full details of any such information we hold. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect or if you need to change any of your registered details, please contact us (see details below). Please be aware that our site may link to the websites of other companies which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked web sites.
Marketing We may send you information about our products and services and those of other companies within the group which may be of interest to you. You have a right at any time to ask us not to contact you for marketing purposes or disclose your details to other companies. Privacy & Cookies Policy – April 2016 – V1 If you have consented to receive such marketing you may opt out at a later date. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes unless we obtained your specific consent at the time we collected your information. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Renewal reminders We may contact you with renewal reminders.
Data Transfer We may send your data outside EEA for processing – if we do this we will take reasonable steps in order to protect your data.
Data retention Where we do hold any of your personal data, we will only hold such data for as long as is necessary in accordance with the Act.
• Session cookies that are deleted after each visit
• Persistent cookies that remain in place across multiple visits to our sites, and
• Third party cookies that are used by our approved business partners. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result. We may also use:
• Big data Analytics – This cookie enables us to access all web traffic to help us improve your browsing experience on our site.
• Big data conversion code – Our website may use conversion code tracking to establish whether an advertisement has driven an enquiry.
• Data capture – The enquiry forms within our website capture a user’s data prior to form submission. This is so we can further improve the user journey and also perform a customer service call (if needed) to ensure the user had obtained all of the information required from our website. Remarketing from cookies– We may use remarketing advertising to deliver targeted advertising messages to users that have previously shown interest in our website. We apply strict rules to our remarketing campaigns so you will only receive targeted messages and do not receive multiple advertisements.