Jack Russell Dog Insurance

Get a quote

Lively, inquisitive and friendly, the Jack Russell terrier packs plenty of character into its little body. They always appear alert and balanced.

Are you looking to insure your Jack Russell? It's worth considering Jack Russell pet insurance if you are looking to protect yourself against unexpected vet bills.

Jack Russell Character

This breed of dog is sturdy, tough and tenacious considering their small size. They tend to be intelligent, fearless, vocal dogs with a high energy and drive. They can bore easily and become moody or destructive if not stimulated and exercised properly. As hunting dogs they have a strong prey drive and will chase various other animals, often regardless of size, they are the definition of the word activity.

Despite their lively characteristics the Jack Russell is usually a friendly and affectionate dog.

Jack Russell Appearance

Jack Russell's are small dogs measuring between 25 and 38 cm with a coat showing at least more then 51% white. The remaining 49% of their coat can be made up of brown, black or tan markings. They can have either a smooth, rough or "broken" coat which is a combination of the previous two. 

Weird Fact..

Bothy, a Jack Russell made history in 1982 as he became the first and only dog to travel to both the North and South Poles. He was owned by explorers Ranulph and Ginny Fiennes.

Jack Russell History

The Jack Russell Terriers origins are all based on fox hunting in England. Reverend John Russell (born in 1795) bred one of the first terriers to be able to keep with foxes but also flush them out of their burrow. He used the now extinct English White Terrier and a female Fox Terrier named Trump to create a terrier with high stamina and the courage to chase out foxes. This Jack Russell was recognised as a distinct breed by the 1850s. The Fox Terrier club was formed in 1875 and John Russell was one of its founding members.

Jack Russell Insurance

When looking to insure your Jack Russell its worth shopping around, with a Jack Russell insurance comparison you may be able to save both time and money so why not get a Jack Russell insurance quote today.

Some of our other breed guides